We are looking for a Systems Administrator with multiple years of experience in a manufacturing environment. Experience in Microsoft 365, typical Windows Server administration and network and server monitoring and security. The Systems Administrator role is accountable for maintaining the company’s software, hardware and other assets while focusing on providing incredible customer experiences, along with improving business value through risk mitigation, cost-efficiencies, and revenue impact. This corporate position directly reports to the Director, IT/IS.
Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network services, virtualization services and other infrastructure services
- Accountable for the IT/IS services at the site - liaise with peer IT/IS operational teams and enterprise governance team to ensure services are delivered as per SLA and continuously optimizing service efficiency
- Provide support of application eco-systems from an integration perspective (IAM, SSO, API, Security) and foster operational support handled within the business.
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage physical / virtual servers, and integrate automation processes
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to business and IT/IS staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT/IS infrastructure
- Perform and verify regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions and within agreed upon service levels
- Responsible for systems capacity, storage planning, database performance and network bandwidth allocation
- Assist Director with assessing and maintaining local operating costs, productivity levels, infrastructure lifecycle management, application repository management and other metrics by analyzing and monitoring system performance and overall IT/IS infrastructure performance indicators
- Responsible for data integrity through common Cybersecurity practices, such as, proper Identity and Access Management, ensuring Advanced Threat Protection is on all client/server devices and are up to date, vulnerability patching occurs per policy, focused user training, and continuously seeking improvement to current solutions and services
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Bilingual: Fluent in English.
- Associate degree in computer science or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required.
- Proven 5 years of network and system administration experience required; preference given to Microsoft 365 setup and security, Azure services, Identity Management (AD/AAD) and domain administration experience.
- Working knowledge of virtualization, HyperV/VMWare, or equivalent is required
- Strong knowledge of systems and network monitoring software, hardware, and networking protocols are needed
- Proven Experience with scripting and automation tools; be ready to share examples
- A proven track record of developing, leading, and implementing IT/IS projects, through common project methodologies
- Understanding of Manufacturing IT/IS technologies are strongly needed
- Prior cloud infrastructure technology experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT/IS operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
- Birthday off.
- Private medical plan.
- Referral bonuses.
- Top Performance recognition.
- Discounts with affiliated universities, financial companies and hotels.